I'm totally shifting gears here, as I knew I might on occasion. Lately I've been feeling exhausted, rundown, and slightly unmotivated. This probably has a lot to do with me not taking care of myself the way I'd like, and focusing too much on making other people in my life happy. In some cases, I've overlooked my own needs, my own desires. My goal for the next several days is to treat myself. Here are some of my plans for the upcoming days:
- Hang out with friends visiting from back home.
- Wear a tank top!!
- Take lots and lots of photos.
- Drink a glass (or two) of good wine.
- Eat a cupcake, although everyone else will be dieting.
- Be in the moment (this is incredibly important to me).
- Meditate.
Most importantly, I need to remember that I'm ONLY 32, and I have the rest of my life ahead of me. Don't let that 1 grey hair and the forehead wrinkles that other people have spotted get me down. I'm beautiful, both inside and out.
2 comments:
I like this blog, Britta. So very true. I did the one thing I wanted to try this summer. I biked to work and back. Probably won't do it again because it almost did me in. But I set a goal and achieved it. :P
Next goal: try and remember to post a picture or other artwork every day or so on my blog here. :-)
Thanks, grrrl. I'm heading over to check out your blog now!
Post a Comment