I'm not sure if anyone checks my blog anymore, but you may have noticed that I deleted every single posting prior to today's date (including my "private" postings). After 3 years of blogging, I decided it was time to dump the past and move forward. I considered creating a new blog focused primarily on issues concerning the museum profession in which I work, but then thought I'd rather discuss feminist issues. The idea of blogging strictly about a certain topic seemed a little too monotonous for my tastes, so I have decided to return to my original idea of a plain old personal blog - a place for me to rant about whatever sparks my interest for the moment, be it feminism, museums, history, or incidents concerning my own day-to-day life.
For those of you just joining me, I'm a 30-something year old who moved from my hometown of Chicago to NYC two years ago in order to pursue my dream as a museum registrar/collections manager. Contrary to popular belief, I'm really not satisfied with life in this new-to-me city. I'm absolutely thrilled with my job, but it always pains me to think about how far away my friends and family are. Even two years later, I still consider Chicago to be my home, although I have a pretty outstanding record of uprooting myself when new opportunities have presented themselves:
15: the number of apartments I've lived in over the past 10 years
5: the number of states I've lived in over the past 10 years
3: the number of NYC boroughs I've lived in over the past 2 years
6: the number of museums I've worked at over the past 10 years
3: the number of cars I've owned over the past 10 years
What will I do next, and where will I go? I have absolutely no clue! I know it's going to be a bumpy ride, but that's how life should be. Otherwise, I think I'd get bored mighty fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment